Thursday, June 4, 2009

Body Space

One of the aspects of motherhood that I did not consider before I embarked on the adventure was the total loss of body space. I remember the first few months after Joseph was born I had to adjust to the constant contact with another little person. It was not a bad adjustment- there is nothing sweeter than a little baby curled up on your shoulder. I think I assumed that as the children got older, I would regain my space and privacy. However, instead of just one baby on my lap or two small children following me, I find myself with one baby on my lap and five other children camped out very close. I am flattered with my celebrity status in our family. I know it will pass and soon the children may not want to follow me constantly around the house. So even though the lack of personal space can be overwhelming at times, I really do treasure this time. A typical morning for me looks a lot like this:
Note: These pictures were taken while the older three were in school- now I usually have at least two more children in the mix!
Katie and Adrie get ready to help with Nathan's bath.
Next we all need to watch the baby get dressed!
It is a good thing I have a footstool for everyone to sit on while I rock the baby;-)

1 comment:

  1. When I go to stores the other shoppers almost always comment on my little helpers (well, it's either that or saying something about how I have my hands full--and of course they are just seeing half of it!).

    It's fun to see your cute helpers. :)

    ReplyDelete