Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dinosaurs in Disneyland


Last night I had a dream (I remember my dreams almost all the time- but they are not meaningful dreams- they are just weird). We were at Disneyland. I just had Katie and Adrie and we were watching some kind of show (it actually looked like Shamu at Sea World- but we were at Disneyland- you know how that kind of thing makes sense in dreams!). There was an announcement that a dinosaur was attacking Disneyland. I could see this huge T-rex walking around coming our way. In the panic, I lost track of Katie. So then it turned into one of those nightmares where you are searching for your baby. Luckily, that part of the dream was really short- I ran around a corner and found Katie. Some nice food vendor had seen her crying and given her TWO snow cones. I thought "Oh no, oh no! There is a dinosaur attacking Disneyland, we need to run, and my two year old is eating snow cones- she can't run and eat snow cones and if I take the snow cones from her, she will throw a fit." I was paralyzed by the knowledge that if I took the snow cones from her she would start screaming- the boneless, collapse on ground screaming. Then I woke up.

As I told Paul my dream, he laughed and said "Funny how you are more scared of the two year old tantrum then the dinosaur!"

Maybe I do have meaningful dreams after all;-)

4 comments:

  1. That is funny! Those two year old tantrums can be terrifying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very funny post! I wonder what you were thinking about when you went to bed. :)

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too fear the two-year-old tantrum more than dinosaurs. You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me laughing outloud. What a scary dream! :)

    ReplyDelete