Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Fun Letter


I got this email this morning from Japan:
Dear Mr and Mrs Seamons

Hello!! Thank you your message.

If possible I want to have a barbecue with you.

And If possible I want to see a starry sky in your city.

I hope to see you soon, thank you. ( ^O^ ) from Nobutaka

Next week we will welcome our Japanese exchange student. It has been an amazing experience the last few years. This year we will be able to share Adrie's Birthday and Halloween with our student! I think Halloween will be a confusing experience- try explaining the concept of Halloween to someone that doesn't speak English!! As a note, many of the students are excited to see stars- in Japan there is too much light and they don't see many stars. I think we can manage both a barbecue and some stars.

PS The image is Nara, the home of our student.


2 comments:

  1. How fun! (Is this the 3rd year--or more? that you've been able to do this?)

    I like the requests. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute letter. I love corresponding with the Japanese through email. Their writing always gives me a good chuckle. We need to get a carpool together!

    ReplyDelete