Thursday, October 13, 2011

Speaking of Food

Italian Nut Balls
I am really excited about a new project my family recently started!  For years my sisters have compiled a "Tanner Family Cookbook."  It has many of our heritage recipes as well as new favorites.  We edit the cookbook every couple of years and it just keeps getting better.  My sister Tiffany had a great idea to create a blog featuring all the recipes in our cookbook.  It has been so fun to cook all my normal foods and get to share them on a blog! 

Mandarin Sauce


A few weeks ago I was able to visit my parents for a weekend.  Several of my sisters were able to come and we had a great time talking talking talking, attending RS General Broadcast, laughing, cooking, sorting family pictures, and spending time together.  My family is spread out all over the United States and so I treasure any time we get to be together.  At one point I heard my Dad answer the phone and in response to someone asking what we were up to say something like "What do you think they are doing?  They have been talking about food for hours!"  We do love to cook and to talk about food.  Some of us are more gourmet than others, but we all can cook a mean pancake from scratch:-)  When my Grandma Beverly passed away several years ago, I was able to collect memories from all her Grandchildren.  I was amazing about how many memories centered around food.  Grandma was an amazing cook and I came to understand that her cooking was a reflection of her love and service to family.  So I feel talking about food is really an expression of love (besides being really fun!). 

Grandma Beverly 

Grandma made this Chocolate Mousse cake for a dinner she hosted the night before my wedding.  It not only tasted divine, but looked amazing.  She had painted chocolate on leaves to garnish the cake. 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for new recipes! I am making the mandarin sauce tonight!

    ReplyDelete