Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Because it was easy and looks Awesome

I made this simple cake for Paul's Birthday this year (hello, old man;-)  Do you remember when the cake mix companies made an orange flavor cake?  It was my favorite flavor when I was little and one day during a random discussion I discovered it was Paul's favorite flavor too!  We both are quite a bit sad that it has been years since you could buy an orange cake.  Then I decided to use my little gray cells (Poirot on the brain) and added orange extract to a yellow cake.  Hello orange cake.  I loved this birthday cake because it took me .4 seconds to make and looked pretty awesome if I do say so myself!

3 comments:

  1. Are those twix bars surrounding it??! That looks so cute. I'm glad for old men like Paul paving the way for us! Heehee. Happy birthday Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! They are orange sticks! (I've seen it with Kit Kats...) Happy Birthday to Paul. :) (You are soooo speedy if it only took you .4 seconds to make this cake! That's my kind of cake!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duncan Hines still makes orange cake mixes. I recently bought one at my local Bashas store. However, that is the only place I can ever find them. You might try looking online!

    ReplyDelete