Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ode to the new IKEA plate

Oh new IKEA plate
I do love you

Your untippyness
       the rice stays on
       the shredded cheese stays on
       the syrup stays on (unless you are sitting almost sideways on a stack of piano books- don't ask because I don't want to talk about it)

Your six bright colors

Your $1.99 price because I can totally justify retiring all the old plates- who am I kidding- most of the old plates are in the sandbox

Just like your cousin the oval IKEA plate, you will shortly take over the world (see last month's Ensign for evidence)

Your round shape because somehow the food fits better

And in a pinch I think you could be used as a Frisbee

3 comments:

  1. Baby steps for me. I bought the new bowls. Haven't yet committed to the plates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--new plate design!? Amazing! Too bad our local IKEA isn't very local. :) {I noticed them in the Ensign, too! Does everyone in your neck of the woods own IKEA plates??}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, oh. A change with the plates. That means, like you said, the old ones would have to be retired because the kids would all want the new ones. Too bad we're hours from the closest IKEA. :-|

    ReplyDelete