Friday, October 26, 2012

Still Missing You

This week I have been searching for words.  A poem, a hymn, a scripture that would express my grief on the second anniversary of Allison's death.  And I have found that there are no words. 

So I would like to share two memories.  These are not big events- just small images in my mind.

The first memory is visiting Allison as a baby in the hospital.  She was the sweetest little baby and I was amazed by her beautiful color.  I will always remember holding and loving our little china doll.

The next memory is a short visit Allison's family made a month or so before her death.  I was waiting- excited for a family visit- and so when the doorbell rang I was right at the door.  Allison walked in first and said "Hello, Aunt Becky."  I can remember how tall she looked and the sound of her voice. 

I know that someday I will be able to see Allison again and I look forward to hearing her say "Hello, Aunt Becky." 

But for now there are no words.


2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty little baby! And sweet memories of her. Thinking of all of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about this the other day, wondering how you're all doing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete