Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I may learn to ski


Yesterday Katie was my skiing buddy.  The older kids do their own thing as buddies, Paul was working with Nathan, and I got to ski with Kate.  Small problem.  I can't keep up with this sweetheart.  She knows how to snowplow, she knows how to stop and turn, she can practically ski backwards, but mostly she just sets her skis straight and heads down the mountain.  On the other hand, I attempt semi graceful turns across the mountain which my kids tell me look more like an awkward snowplow.  The rule of buddies is that you stick together.  So I may learn to ski fast because I have to keep up with Kate. 

PS Skiing has changed how I view winters in UT.  I used to feel so shut in and now it is just a different season- besides there is rarely an inversion (yucky air quality rolling around in the valley getting worse and worse) at Sundance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment