Sunday, September 20, 2009

Does your ward do Super Saturday?!


As part of my ward's Enrichment committee, I am gearing up for Super Saturday. I must admit I have mixed feelings about Super Saturday. On the one hand it is a ton of work for the committee and sometimes I find myself asking "Does anyone really care about all this stuff?" However, somewhere along the way (usually on the day of the activity) I find myself realizing that it is a great time for women to get together to learn, to create, and to build friendship. At that point, the day is worth it. This year we are keeping our projects simple and so I am really excited about the day (I am not cutting a single piece of wood;-). We even created a little blog to display our items:

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I seriously wish I could come! You have some fabulous ideas and classes.

    I saw the necklace charms for sale yesterday at our local art festival. They were $10+. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you are not cutting a single piece of wood too! I always feel like I do nothing for these things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really, really jealous. They don't do Super Saturday in our area. I need days like that because I'm not very good at being crafty on my own. If I came to your activity I would have a hard time choosing, but I would probably go for the temple blocks and the aprons and the bread and the ABC book and...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with tiffany - i would seriously come, some of those projects look so fun. but what impresses me is how many projects you have!! good luck with it all

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Ward's Super Saturday is LAME! I want to come and make the charms. they look awesome!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a place where you got the patterns for the nativity puppets. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, everything for Super Saturday looks great. As always, you do fabulous work.

    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete