Sunday, September 13, 2009

The other picture

We did get some good pictures of Nathan. The photographer took this picture about thirty seconds before the frown picture. She took the picture thinking he was going to smile again, but I guess he had other ideas. He went right back to being happy after the frown!
One night this week we had a really busy night. I was gone at a meeting and Paul was trying to get ready for Scouts. Nathan wasn't too happy, so Paul asked Skye to help entertain him. How do you entertain a fussy baby? Skye wrapped various parts of her body in diapers and did little dances for Nathan. Of course. It kept him entertained for quite awhile and also entertained me when I got home!
I have been busy getting ready for Super Saturday. I am not in charge this year, but I still get to help on a couple of fun projects! I worked on this apron while Paul was on Scout campout this weekend. I think it turned out great and it was really easy!

Skye has also been praying very hard each night that "Satan will repent and start to be good." One night I thought "Oh wouldn't that be so nice. I can just imagine the headlines: "Satan Repents. End of Temptation."" I don't know if it will do much good to pray for Satan, but I do love Skye's empathy- she feels really badly that he can't have a body.

On a final note, one of the kids brought home a chant from school. Has anyone ever done a study to show how the same jokes/ chants/ songs are passed down through generations of children? They always seem to hit the same age group- for instance, I think all Kindergartners come home and tell the "Are you afraid of a man this big?" joke. I don't think anything can prepare you for the part of parenting that includes listening to the same phrase over two hundred times in two days (all four girls singing it constantly):

I like bananas, coconuts and grapes!
That's why they call me Tarzan of the apes!

Ha. Now it is stuck in your head too. Just don't teach it to your children.

1 comment:

  1. Cute smile. :)

    What creativity--Skye! That's great.

    Lovely apron--is there a tutorial somewhere? You said it was easy...?

    I've never heard that Tarzan song! Please try not to teach it to my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete