Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Walk in Bryce

Last weekend we were here. There are many beautiful places in the world, but I don't know that anything quite measures up to Southern Utah. I may be a little biased;-)
We had a great time, despite missing the memo about who can visit Bryce. Apparently to visit, you need to fit one of three categories: slightly older couple (no children), young REI yuppie person (no children), or person from another country (no children). We stood out with our group.All the children did really well hiking although Katie spent a lot of time doing this:
"Pick me up Dad!"
Fortunately for her, Paul is a sucker for those big blue eyes and carried her most of the way. BTW, she has been eating licorice and is not bleeding terribly.
At one point we came across a mini Bryce Canyon where people had built all these little cairns. We added our own to the collection.
I particularly loved these trees growing out of the canyon. I also love the colors of the rocks. I told Adrie "These are perfect rocks for you because they are your favorite color!" She said "Mom, pink is not my favorite color anymore. I like blue. And periwinkle. But I still like these rocks."
Nathan was quite worn out from all the walking he did.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! I love the colors there, too.

    I wonder where Adrie got that periwinkle idea? Hum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it was such a fun time. I haven't been to Bryce since I was 7. I need to get out more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read to Anwyn the part where you were talking with Adrie about colors. Anwyn's only response was, "But pink is my favorite color" (said in a sing-song way).

    Great pictures. I agree, southern Utah is the prettiest place in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looked like a fun trip! Where are those trees? I haven't ever seen that place....although it's been years since I last visited!

    ReplyDelete