Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween and a Birthday!


This week we celebrated little Miss A's birthday. She is a joyful child and according to Rachel, has "the prettiest color of eyes in our family." She wanted a wedding cake (to match the one at Paul's sister's wedding). I didn't attempt a wedding cake, but this one was easy and turned out pretty cute!


We also had a great Halloween. After a freezing week, the weather mellowed a little and we had one of the most perfect Halloween days that I can remember. Don't all Dads carve pumpkins with power tools?

Our little bunny was happy to have his hat off!
This year we had a secret service man, a Hogwarts student, a 1950's girl, a Belle, a bumble bee and a bunny.

Our ward does a trunk r treat and this is Paul's spooky trunk. The older children got to go out trick or treating with a very cool witch and a very hip disco man. Paul and I had a treat because we got to stay home and pass out candy together (thanks Suz and James!!).

8 comments:

  1. I love the power tool carving the pumpkin! I agree that wedding cakes are so much prettier than birthday cakes. I can see why she'd want one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute kiddos! Amberly was excited to see you had a 50s girl like we did. :)

    Happy Birthday to Adrie! What a beautiful cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a power tool to carve my pumpkin too! I love the wig that Belle wore, and your bunny could not have been more adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt pulled out his power tools this year also. It saved a lot of time and effort. Wish we would have thought of that years ago. I'm impressed with your "wedding cake".

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kids liked seeing the power tool pumpkins. And their cousins, too, of course! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete