Monday, April 15, 2013

And Then There Were None


Nathan got his tonsils out, or more correctly, Nathan had a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy.  I felt so bad taking a healthy little man into the hospital knowing that he would come out pretty miserable.

We kept him on pain medication and pretty sedate the first day (thank you Nexus (tablet) sedative. Nathan is now a 100 floors, Freddi Fish, Pitfall expert).

The instructions from the hospital said he shouldn't lift more than 20 pounds and take it easy for two weeks.  Yeah.  Tell that to a 3 year old.

By day two he looked like this:

Two little monkeys
Unfortunately day three and four were pretty rough.  I think we are through the worst part. 

At the hospital they warned me that he might develop really bad breath until his throat healed.  After the 5th person warned me about the halitosis (take that ACT vocab) I wondered what the big deal was.  How bad could it be?  They did not kid.  It is bad.  As in we didn't take him to church bad. As in three feet away bad. 

I bought 563 popsicles in preparation for the surgery.  Apparently Nathan doesn't like popsicles.  Is it summer yet?

5 comments:

  1. Hope he continues to feel better this week!

    Did you seriously get that many Popsicles? Or is that # like our standard "5 million" estimate? :) I need to stock up this week for #1 daughter's oral surgery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could just bring you my extra. Paul actually looked in the freezer to see if I bought 563 popsicles (hasn't he learned by now that I tend to round up a little:-)

      Delete
  2. Maybe if you put the popsicles in MY freezer he will want to eat them. ;) I had no idea he had had surgery. Glad he's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete