Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Little Things

At our Relief Society Birthday celebration last month, we were encouraged to look for the little things we are doing well.  I think it has been helpful for my attitude about life.

This morning when I saw this:


I did not waste time wondering if I had failed as a mother teaching my children to clean up their breakfast (or me clean up my own rice cooker for that matter!).  Or wonder why my kitchen doesn't look perfect.

Instead, I thought to myself "I am perfecting the lived in look." 

PS When I actually looked at this picture, I realized that it doesn't look that bad. I don't think the picture does justice to the full scope of the mess. 

2 comments:

  1. drops of awesome? :) I agree--that doesn't look that bad! {I think it's funny that I do believe we have the exact same rice cooker and mine is always like that the next day too.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my kitchen looked as clean as yours! I am serious!!!

    ReplyDelete