Monday, February 9, 2009

The First One and Some NEWS

I am a reluctant blogger. Not that I am a reluctant reader. I enjoy following several blogs, mainly family, and have thought for quite some time about starting one myself. My hesitation stems from two silly and immature thoughts. First, the whole blogging/ social networking world takes me back to feelings of insecurity I had in Jr. High and High School. On several blogs that I have seen, the list of friends goes on so long that you actually need to scroll down to get to the end. What if I start a blog and I only have two friends?! See? It feels like High School doesn't it? Secondly, at one point in my life I had much to say about whirled peas, but now my life is consumed by such questions as: "Did you wash your hands?" and "Does that go on the floor?" I am not sure that I have much to say of importance.

When I was young, my parents would always say to me "Friends come and go, but your family is always there." They were right, of course, and in this fact I found my answer to blogging. One of the benefits of coming from a large family is that I realized that I would already have more than two ready made "friends" (answering the High School Friends Insecurity Issue). I also thought about how much I love to read about my far scattered family and realized that they may also like to read about us (answering the Having Something to Say Issue).

So, here I go! I don't have any stunning pictures of myself:-) I had to rely heavily on my very computer savvy husband to get this blog up. I had to edit Katie's picture because she had a big smear of something that looked like chocolate on her chin. All of that aside, I do like to keep in touch with family and friends that feel like family.

Of course, the real reason that you visited this blog on the very first day was to hear our NEWS. Yes we are having a baby! Believe it or not, Joseph will finally have a brother. We are very happy and grateful that everything looks healthy with the little baby.

12 comments:

  1. yea I am glad I am the first - even though I took my blog off the air last year I still love to lurk around and read too! will you even know how to take take of a boy!!!? hurray for Joseph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    Beautiful children, beautiful blog.

    I'll be looking forward to your upcoming posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! Congratulations. It'll be fun following another family blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to have a button to subscribe to your blog. It is really nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! We're excited (and happy that some of the little boy clothes might get yet some more use out of them)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for a new boy! I'm so excited to meet him! Congratulations! And way to go with the cute blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thrilled that everything looks good with your new baby boy! My baby boy should be here any day.
    Love, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! Its like a Seamons sandwich with all the girls in the middle. I can't wait to see if he has more Paul or more Becky in him. Whichever he'll be a heartbreaker one day! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Double fun announcements! So fun to have boy cousins close.

    I'm looking forward to reading your updates--Amberly was excited when she came through here and saw this up. She said, "They have one too!" (She loves to read family blogs, too!) Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so so so very excited!!! i had a feeling it was a boy. and becky you out did yourself with this post! you are a real blogger! woo hoo! i love it. give that web guru husband of yours a kiss. the blog looks FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I commented on here before, but it's not showing up. We are thrilled to hear about your healthy baby BOY, and thrilled that you have a blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on a new addition!

    and i'm so excited you've FINALLY started blogging. I've been searching FOR YOU for a long while. YAY!
    love love blogging. and you've got one friend besides family! ME!

    WHOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete