Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Very Short Book Post


I am having such trouble deciding which book to review. There are so many books and so little time! Maybe I will turn this blog into a full time book review.

I love any Mo Willems book. My favorite page from all his books is when Trixie goes boneless in Knuffle Bunny. I was so excited to see a new Mo Willems book (although Rachel informs me they are not new- I am just slow!). Even better, this is a whole series of books (I counted 9 on Amazon). These are great books for early readers. Willems' ability to capture expression with such simple text and drawing is enchanting. These books are just laugh out loud funny. Most importantly, they stand the true test of picture books: you can read them over and over and not get tired of them!

3 comments:

  1. I love your true test of picture books. Am I a bad mom if I refuse to read (aloud to the kids) certain books we own? (Some of the Disney picture books come to mind.) I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mo Willems! I've blogged about a few of his books already. We were lucky to snag his latest release, Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed when it debuted at our library. And just today Anwyn was entertained by 2 elephant and piggie books while I navigated my way through Sam's Club. We like to find the hidden pigeon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mo Willems is fun. I sometimes hear him on NPR. He's the "Radio Cartoonist."

    ReplyDelete