Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Cute Story


I enjoy reading Skye's stories. She is quite creative. She is spelling phonetically which somehow makes the stories even better. Here is a story that she brought home the other day.

The toking cran by Skye
Wons their theved a cran. Evryday the cran wood get pekt up and got shotr and shortr.
Evry day his fase wood get madr and madr entoo wan day he skrim stop! the end.

Translation:
The Talking Crayon by Skye
Once their lived a crayon. Everyday the crayon would get picked up and got shorter and shorter. Every day his face would get madder and madder until one day he screamed stop! The end.

7 comments:

  1. i like that the crayon's face gets madder and madder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understood that! What a creative story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sweet. What a fun story... character, plot development, conflict, resolution, the works. Sounds like she has a career ahead of her in literature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your post about your husband being scoutmaster...seriously? My husband got made scoutmaster the first day we both went to church in this ward...!

    Cute story...I like seeing your cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, she's just a natural writer. So cute and clever! When she publishes her first book, please send me an autographed copy.

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've got a writer on your hands. Darling family! Your husband overheard me talking at P/T conferences last week and told me to check out your boys' book list. Great list. I can't remember where I wrote down the info he gave me but I remembered your blog address! My book blog is rac-books.blogspot.com. I'd love to have you comment on books you have read or to connect with you about books somehow. Let me know. :) Liz

    ReplyDelete