Saturday, January 9, 2010

Finally a Quiet Day

I have been meaning to post for ages but I keep waiting for a quiet day. Today Paul took the three oldest children skiing and so it is relatively quiet. Our holiday season was lovely. The children woke up at 5:55 on Christmas morning. They all came and got in bed with us for a little while before we went out to open presents.The day after Christmas we headed home to Mesa. It was so nice to be home and visit with family. The weather didn't hurt either! We were able to go for a hike in the desert and despite Rachel's hysteria about cholla, we avoided any cactus spines!Now we are back to normal life- school, work, church, scouts. Speaking of scouts, Joseph turned 11 (we celebrate his birthday in June) and is now officially in scouts!

We have been enjoying these eyes:
Nathan weighed in at 20 lbs at his 6 month Dr visit. He is a sweet boy who may someday sleep through the night. We have done sleep training twice with him and each time something (new teeth, a cold, etc) has thrown him (and us) back into old habits. Yesterday the first of his top four teeth broke through the gums. Hopefully we can push through the next few days of sleep deprivation, err I mean sleep training and get back on a good schedule.
Skye lost her first tooth! She is thrilled beyond words (although once she started talking, she spoke with a great lisp!) because she has been waiting forever to lose a tooth. I personally mourn the loss of baby teeth because with our lovely dental genetics it means the children move into the awkward stage between cute baby teeth and orthodontics;-)

This morning I came into my room to find this:
Katie was playing the mother and had tucked a long row of "babies" into bed. Nathan will certainly never be bored in this family- maybe tortured but never bored.

4 comments:

  1. Your kids are growing up so fast! I almost didn't recognize a few of them. Chynna lost her first tooth a month ago. It's funny to hear them talk, I have to agree.

    I'm with you on the baby teeth thing. We're now getting into that awkward stage where their permanent teeth are way to big for small mouths and orthodontics are still years away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad you had such a nice Christmas and trip!

    It's so fun to see your cute kids. It looks like Katie was doing a good job as a mommy.

    Ethan's little compared to his cousins! (he was 16 lbs at his 6 1/2 mo appointment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the mornings I think about you and hope you had a good night. And then I think I need to start running again, but it's not the same without you! (No pressure, I'm just sayin'.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caitlin has a loose tooth and is so excited. I feel the same as you, in that this week life has finally started to quiet down and I can catch up a bit. I actually really like January because it's so slow and orderly. Nothing dreary about it to me.

    ReplyDelete