Saturday, April 25, 2009

Daily Daffodil 4/25

This morning all four girls got up very early and started playing a complex pretend game. They were playing "store." They collected items to purchase, made fake money, got dressed in matching clothes (dresses of course), made name tags and signs for their doors, and set up a second business in the bathroom (beauty salon). The game was in full swing when Joseph dragged himself out of bed. Of course, he wanted to direct, I mean play, the game. He walked into the girl's room and announced "OK, there is going to be a robber at your store and I am going to teach you how to defend yourselves!" I decided that it was time to intervene before a simple game of store became Karate 101 (a game that always ends in tears). I think this brother may be 8 years too late to help Joseph out of his playmate problem. Of the positive side, we will have very tough girls (if they can survive Joseph)!

Dear Bi,

At what point did cousins become sisters? I know it started at Granny's house in Paradise Valley with all the times we were seated out in the hall for dinner. Maybe it was in St. Johns at the middle child table! I think it may have been at the start of your Freshman year when we walked all over campus and stayed up late, late talking. All I know, is that by the time I had children, they had an aunt they didn't know was extra!

I think the vital point of our friendship is that it continues. So many friends seem to fit into stages in your life. There are the friends that you can say "Do you remember when this and do you remember this?" But the conversation stops there. They do not have a grasp on your current state of life. Then there are friends that you can talk to only in the current form: "How was your Young Women's lesson on Sunday?" These friends do not understand when you say "My sister is having a baby" because they may not know you have a sister! Although all friendships are essential, there are a few rare friends that span the past, present and future. These are truly rewarding friendships.

So although I could list all of the memories that have meaning (visits, driving to St. Johns, running the 1/2 marathon, shopping for a wedding dress, etc) or talk about all of your qualities that I respect, I will leave it at this: I am forever grateful for our friendship- the memories from when we were little, the talks we have now, and knowing that our friendship will continue over the years.

I love you!
Love,
Becky

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love the pictures of you two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is about the nicest thing anyone has ever done in the blog world for me! (christian just photoshops me on very pregnant ladies!)

    i love you and miss you and appreciate you tremendously! thank you for always being there for me!

    ReplyDelete