Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Daily Daffodil 4/29


Tuesday is laundry day. I don't like to spread my laundry out- I do it all in one day (OK, if you count towels and sheets I guess it is two days!). Yesterday was a good laundry day and I was done (with shirts ironed and socks matched!) by 4:00. I know, some people save the rain forest, find a cure for the common cold, and establish world peace- I get excited about finished laundry! Last night Paul went to put on his scout shirt (washed and ironed!) and a few minutes later came and asked me "Umm, did you wash this shirt with any dress ups?" (In a family with 4 girls he knows to ask this question!) Sure enough, his scout shirt has a fine glitter sheen all over the whole shirt. They best part is that it is not just glitter which we could dust off or vacuum, these are fine gold threads that seem to be fused to the shirt. I wonder if I should wash the shirt again before he heads to Woodbadge tomorrow? I would be breaking my "laundry-one day a week rule" which I only do in extreme emergencies. I guess he will just get to head to camp with a little reminder of home:-)
Dear Mel,

One of the great things about marrying Paul was that I instantly gained five new sisters! I have always felt included and loved even though I am an in-law! Like any family, Paul's sisters are all so unique and I love them all for the different things they have taught me.

I have always admired your great capacity to love. You always greet me with a big hug and smile. You are able to find the good in people. Actually, I think it is more accurate to say that you don't see the negative in people.

I love this picture of you with Joseph. At every family gathering, it seems like you always have one of the nieces or nephews on your lap. They all love you so much!

You have such an enthusiasm for life! I enjoy how positive and happy you are all the time. You always uplift me and make me feel happy. I am so privileged to have you as a sister.

I love you!
Love,
Becky

1 comment:

  1. Not seeing the negative is a wonderful attribute!

    Good for you on your laundry job! Way to go! (I guess the glitter is just a little fun present from the girls...!)

    ReplyDelete