Sunday, May 10, 2009

Daily Daffodil 5/10

Happy Mother's Day!
"The friends who mean everything to us- the friends without whom our lives would be empty- are our most enduring models of grace and good fortune. We know that our time on earth would have had paltry meaning had not, one fine day, our lives connected for the first time with the lives of the people who would turn out to be our most treasured friends." Bob Greene And You Know You Should Be Glad


Dear Kristy,

I do not believe in fate or destiny. Rather, I believe in a loving Heavenly Father that guides our paths. Sometimes, not by chance, those paths meet up with people that change our lives. I am grateful that we were placed together as roommates our Freshman year of college. Over the years we have many fun memories and good talks. It is hard to believe that we are coming up on 15 years since we first met! Where did the time go?

I love the times that we can get together now, pick up where we left off and just spend time talking about our lives. One of the main aspects of our friendship that I enjoy is that we have always been able to talk about everything- in fact we should talk more often so that we don't try and cram so much of life and ideas into one phone call!

I know this is an especially tender time of year, remembering your sweet Elizabeth. I think of you often and of all the things you taught me during that difficult time. You are an incredible example to me of faith, endurance, and trusting in Heavenly Father.

I love you!
Love,
Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote. I was thankful when I read it that I knew what he was talking about--it sure sounds like you know it as well. :)

    Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for all.

    ReplyDelete