Thursday, May 7, 2009

Daily Daffodil 5/7


Daffodils (1804)
I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretch'd in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

~William Wordsworth

Thanks to my good friend Jen for the poem!


Dear Becky,

When I was first introduced to Paul's family, you and Brian seemed so old to me! You had been married for 4 years (gasp!) and had a toddler. You seemed so wise and knew so much about life. Now I just have to laugh because we were all just babies! Although my perspective on age keeps changing (we are definitely not as young as we were, but we aren't old!), I still feel like you are still wise and know so much more than me! I have learned so much from your example over the years.

I have always looked up to you as a mother. You have so many great ideas about parenting. I especially remember one summer when you set the goal to do fun things with your kids. I feel like I get stuck in the rut of caring for children and making sure they do their work and school- you always remind me to enjoy my children and have fun with them!

I am grateful that we are sisters through marriage. It has been fun to watch your family over the years and all the great things that you do!

I love you!
Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment