Monday, May 18, 2009

Daily Daffodil 5/18

Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;

Thou sendest blessings from above

Thru words and deeds of those who love.


What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know

Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways

Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.


For worthy friends whose lives proclaim

Devotion to the Savior's name,

Who bless our days with peace and love,

We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.


Dear Everyone,

Thank you for humoring me with my Daily Daffodil posts. The last few weeks of pregnancy are usually pretty tough. These posts have given my mind something to focus on besides how I am feeling. Several of you saw through the fact that I was using them as a countdown to baby. Guess what? My attempt to find the positive during a difficult time worked. Here I am, almost done and I feel a lot better having spent time thinking about all of you instead of myself.

I have missed many people. Please know that I really could go on writing to all the incredible people who have influenced my life. I only touched the tip of the iceberg of family members. I barely scrapped the bucket of friends. I didn't even start on the well of neighbors (especially my running buddies who have seen this pregnancy through day after day!). Thank you for your kind comments.

So, wish us luck! Each new baby is the start of an adventure of a lifetime. We will let you know when we have news!

I love you!
Love,
Becky

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your daffodils with us! I appreciate your positive outlook. Good luck with baby #6, we will be excited to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks--once again--for the lovely song and thoughts. I knew the month would be up along with the baby waiting but never thought about the reasons behind it. You are one smart and blessed mama. All the best. Love you!

    ReplyDelete