Sunday, May 3, 2009

Daily Daffodil 5/3

Jared, Becky, Ryan in CA
Ryan at the temple before his mission
Dear Ryan,

Happy Anniversary! What a busy, amazing year it has been for you! Although we miss having you close, it is fun to hear about your new adventures on the other side of the USA! It scarcely seems possible that the baby in my family is old enough to be doing grownup things like getting a PhD, let alone really grown up things like becoming a father! I am so excited for Marcelaine and you and this new adventure.

One of my favorite memories of you is walking through the basement and seeing you playing chess against yourself. One time you looked very concerned and I asked you what was the matter. You replied that you were losing. I still laugh thinking about you losing to yourself!

Watching you, the youngest of seven children, I have always been amazed at your maturity and independence. I know a little of what you faced, walking into classrooms in high school where six siblings had already made their mark. You never seemed fazed by the expectations and just did your own thing- and did it well!

I always enjoyed the pyrotechnic display that you would put together for the 4th of July while you were here at college. We had some pretty spectacular fireworks! We will miss you this year, but will do our best to do some in your honor;-)

One year Paul did not have enough leaders to go on scout camp. I know he will always be grateful for your willingness to go and help. He looks back on that camp with many good memories and enjoyed the time getting to know you better. He especially enjoyed your hike to Naturalist Basin. I appreciate your service to Paul.
Ryan sliding down the pink snow in Naturalist Basin
More pink snow
One of the prettiest places on the earth

I am very grateful that you are my brother. I am glad that we are friends and I am especially grateful for all the time we were able to spend together while you were here at college.

I love you!
Love,
Becky

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ryan,
    Know that you are forever immortalized in your nieces and nephews' lives for your unforgettable roles as the bungee jumping boy and as a member of the Beatles.
    Thank you.
    Love,
    Tiffany :)

    ReplyDelete